Friday 3 May 2013

Can everyone see our bar in the street?

I totally lost track of time and everything, I usually wake up, and I am lying on the bar floor, surrounded by the dogs, and having Scott somewhere around the building, probably painting or decorating. I have to honest, it wasnt the most comfortable and fabulous past days of my life, but on the other hand we have done so much, that it is really over my previous expectations! Scott probably slept about 8 hours in the last few days, but this is something I cannot do, and I need my "beauty sleep" everyday, otherwise I am grumpier than usual. Scott is definitely not like that. Today, he has spent the day with painting the front of the building and getting a lot of attention from the people passing by. It is weird for him not understanding any word they say, and for example we had a guy, who walked up to him, but he couldn't understand what he was saying, so I went outside, and it turned out that he was looking for any job he could get, because he needed money to go to his brothers funeral in the countryside. What can I say, this is a bit of Hungary, as much as it is so sad...
I went back to the DIY shop to get some more of the paint spray, plus a sign saying the building is secured by dogs:). They are the funniest, the whole entrance window is covered with the posters and all you can see is two dogs peeking out at the bottom:)). After getting everything we needed to keep Scott working, the landlady came back, and we had to make another, but not major change to the contract. The thing is with  the building, is that we have a cake shop next door, and in Hungary according to the laws, you cannot just make changes to the property, only with agreeing on it with the house and everyone. Scott painted not only the entrance bit, which is basically ours now, but also to the main building, which otherwise is not possible. So, although he made a really nice design to it today, we are going to have to change it, and the rest is going to be covered with the average grey colour. But it is going to look beautiful, and it is really something that you cannot miss if you pass by. 
Once again, the internet problem is back...we are using the hotspot again, and after having normal unlimited one, it is just not the same. So, I called the UPC to get them move our Internet from the flat, since we hardly spend any time there, but as shocking as it is, they are not able to move it here, because they have no wire system in this building for them haha. I guess we are going to have to sign our 4th Internet contract soon:)
We had the Heineken representative coming out, and we decided to go with this more international company instead of Dreher. She also really liked our idea and the bar, so I think we can work together in the future. I enjoy it a lot meeting these people and having the meetings, dealing with all the paperwork, which I never thought I would, and I know it is going to take some time till I get into it, but at least I can say, that now I can imagine doing it. And Scott, he is Scott, he is working 200% as usual, the decoration is beyond words, the time just seems not relevant anymore, it is crazy to say, that one month ago we arrived at Lake Balaton, and now...well, now we are sitting in the bar which is about to open. So, I guess nothing is impossible, take a risk and live the dream, you couldnt do it any other way!
final spray crack effect by scott

No comments:

Post a Comment